I can go full on anecdote mode when it comes to how these rules have changed my perception of life. But, I'd rather be efficient and just get straight to it.
1. Y̶o̶u̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶.̶ You only die once, so live every day.
2. If you are mentally prepared for the fact that you cannot be prepared for everything that comes your way, then by default, you are always prepared.
3. A bad situation will not change with a bad attitude. It will change with action.
4. Choose the words that will describe your legacy, then live up to those words everyday.
5. If you're having difficulty living in the moment, create a better moment.
6. Before reacting to something that's happening to you, ask yourself, "Did anything actually happen?"
7. If a person talks about you behind your back, that is a reflection of their character, not yours.
8. It is not your business what other people think about you, it is your business how you see yourself.
9. A good host deserves a good guest.
10. Practice makes perfect, so if you practice negativity, you will, indeed, become perfectly negative.
11. The best way to be successful is to fail every day.
12. Always try to see the coin from the other side.
That's it! Go forth and have a positive day!